Spring is a wonderful time to visit DesBarres Manor Inn for a Nova Scotia getaway. There's a special freshness in the air as Chedabucto Bay and the Eastern Shore emerge from their winter sleep. And with spring comes a whole new range of activities from lobster suppers to great oceanside hikes.
Here are our top 10 favourite Nova Scotia spring getaway activities at DesBarres Manor Inn:
- There are lots of great hiking trails around Chedabucto Bay including the Trans Canada Trail / Guysborough Nature Trail which runs through the back of the DesBarres Manor Inn grounds. Our innkeepers will help you find the path with their favourite hiking trails.
- Spring is the best time of the year for trout fishing on local lakes. The innkeepers share some of their favourite fishing lakes, rivers and streams around DesBarres Manor Inn.
- Have the Chef pack you a picnic lunch to explore a secluded beach or one of our favourite nature areas.
- A romantic dinner in front of the Manor's original 18th century hearth fireplace. Choose from one of our special culinary getaway packages.
- Nova Scotia cooking class in the Manor kitchen. We enjoy welcoming guests into our open kitchen and a Cooking Class package will get you in the action.
- An historical walk through Guysborough. One of Canada's oldest communities, Guysborough has been continuously settled since the early 1600s and a self-guided historic walking tour leaving from DesBarres Manor Inn will let you experience some of the places that have shaped the community over the centuries.
- Spring bird watching on the southern shore of Chedabucto Bay. There are nearly 140 species of birds on the southern shore of the Bay during the spring migration.
- A tour and tasting at the Authentic Seacoast Distillery & Brewery. Home to award-winning spirits and craft beer, we’ll help you get behind the scenes with our Craft Beer Getaway Package or Nova Scotia Spirits Getaway Package.
- Experience the seacoast with a sea kayak or canoe rental from the Authentic Seacoast Distillery & Brewery. The sheltered Guysborough harbour is a perfect spot to launch a sea kayak or canoe in the spring.
- Or just relax in your luxurious guest room.
Whatever you choose to do on your Nova Scotia spring getaway, DesBarres Manor Inn will renew, rejuvenate and restore you.
To learn more about all the spring activities on the Authentic Seacoast, click here to go to the Authentic Seacoast Company website.